Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back to normal....

Life is pretty much back to normal.  I like it that way.  I'm still a little bruised and pretty numb but I'm back to doing all the stuff I always do everyday.

It's almost been 2 full weeks since I had the surgery.  On Monday I had my follow up appointment with the doctor.  He asked me what my feelings were in regards to my decision to remove both breast.  I told him that I don't regret it at all.  And I don't.  In fact I'm lucky that the plastic surgeon I went to see wouldn't do a reduction at the same time as my mastectomy.  Because I didn't want to have 2 surgeries I opted to have both removed.  Having them removed made me realize that I would have NEVER been happy with removing just one.  While I might be flat chested right now, I'm even.  I don't have one breast and nothing on the other side.  I don't have to wear a bra or stuff only one side.  I can throw on a t-shirt and go.  For anyone out there considering having both breast removed, I can't recommend it enough.  And for those, like me, that aren't going to have reconstructive surgery this is by far the BEST way to go.  

Living in Southern California where it's beautiful for most months of the year, I'm a little curious about what it will be like when I put on a bathing suit again.  But for now, with winter fast approaching I'll enjoy the cool weather and the sweatshirts that go along!

No comments:

Post a Comment