Thursday, September 22, 2011

Apples and Grapes

Here in Southern California we don't really get fall.  Yes, the temperatures get a bit cooler - like 4 or 5 degrees but the it still stays in the 70's and there are no changing leaves, no fall smells in the air, no crunch under your feet.

Then yesterday for the first time they had honeycrisp apples AND concord grapes at the store.  Oh happy day!!!!

I may have brought their entire stock.  I also may have eaten nothing but grapes and apples yesterday.  You think I'm joking.  I'm not.

Every bite took me back to the Midwest where crisp air filled my lungs, leaves crunched under my feet and the smell (LOVE that smell) of fall filled my senses.

I'll spare you the details but let's just say a diet of just grapes and apples is not good for the digestive track. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment