Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wake up in the morning feel like P. Diddy....

First off, I've always wondered how one wakes up feeling like P. Diddy....  Just something to reflect on.

I've NEVER EVER EVER been a morning person.  I hate mornings.  Yes, HATE them.  All my life I've always been one to sleep in.  I can easily sleep til noon - EASILY.  I like staying up at night.  I like running at night when the world is dark and quiet and you can hear yourself think and hear your feet hitting the pavement.  Nighttime has always been calming for me.

One of the upsides of homeschooling our kids is that they aren't required to wake up early which means that both the kids and I can sleep into 8am (or later) each day.  Which is good because I tend to not go to bed until around midnight.  In fact 2 or 3 nights a week I have insomnia and can hardly get to sleep at all.

It's been about 3 weeks since I've been eating a strict plant-based diet.  About a week into it I swear I thought I was pregnant.  With both my kids the only sign I had to being pregnant was that I was insanely tired.  I could literally (and I did) fall asleep standing up making dinner.  So 2 weeks ago when I feel asleep sitting up in bed 2 nights in a row (it's was only 9:30pm) my husband asked if I was alright.  All of a sudden it was impossible for me to stay awake past 10pm.  I would try to stay up and work on blog stuff and my eyes wouldn't even focus.  I would try to watch tv and I would miss everything that was going on cause I would have to focus on keeping my eyes open.

In the past, no matter how much sleep I got I still always woke up tired.  This isn't the case anymore.  It's like my body knows that it needs to sleep at 10pm and it needs to wake up at 7am.  And not just wake up - I feel like I could literally bounce out of bed and run a marathon.  For a non morning person this is as weird as waking up and finding yourself on Mars.  I've never had so much energy in my life!  I now have an hour before the kids wake up and end up getting a bunch of stuff done that I would have otherwise tried to rush through later on in the day.  While I don't think I will ever embrace mornings the way I do nighttime, I am loving the energy I now have and the way I feel when I wake up each day.

I guess I better get used to living on Mars....

No comments:

Post a Comment